Camping is an outdoor activity that is preferred and enjoyed by everyone. People think that camping is expensive and complex while in reality, it is something very cheap and fun. Anyone having time and energy can easily go out and enjoy camping with friends and relatives. For camping, one should not have supposed to have experience, as experience comes with time and observation. If you are starting out with camping, you should not forget to have all necessary equipment to be safe and sound outdoors. The most important thing in camping is to have the comfortable shoes which will help you walk and keep your feet healthy and strong.
Camp shoes play an important role in your camping as they keep your feet healthy and don’t let you get tired easily. If you are not having proper shoes you will feel exhausted easily and soon you will be fed up with your camping. Before talking about shoes, we must talk about the health and importance of feet.
First of all, one should let his feet breath. Because in camping, people like to go out, enjoying hiking and walking to see the beauty of nature and to have solace in the lap of Mother Nature. After hiking and having a long walk, your feet will be so tired and steamy and most probably blistered up, so you should take care of them instead of ignoring it. While going to sleep, don’t forget to wash your feet and wear socks.
Things to look for while choosing trekking shoes
One should follow these steps while choosing the shoes.
- Your shoes must be hike-able because you will do some walking and running around the camp while enjoying with your friends. You might love to sit near some stream or have a walk near a hill, so your shoes must be comfortable, allowing you to have a free walk and prevent any slip and slide.
- When we think about camping, the first thing which comes to our mind is water and walking by river or stream. A camp without the company of water seems so boring. Therefore, one should not forget to keep waterproof shoes. If you are not having waterproof shoes, it means you will have to suffer from soggy shoes and uneasiness while going on.
- The most important thing while choosing trekking shoes is to see whether they are lightweight or not. You are going out and you are having necessary stuff. So, you won’t like to take some extra burden. Therefore, shoes must be lightweight, so they must save you from unnecessary burden and tiredness. Nothing over 16 oz (1 lb). Around 6-12 oz is ideal.
- Another thing while choosing your shoes is to select a pair without laces. It would be better if your selection is a pair with a slip or simple strap. Something, which you can use with one hand or within seconds without any difficulty and wastage of time.
Trekking shoes you should choose
1. Water Shoes
There are several shoes which are made of water. For example, water shoes, canoe shoes, kayak shoes, boat shoes etc. They are specifically made for water and could be found in any mart with cheap price. They are not expensive. While buying them, don’t forget to buy them with well-vented fabric which will keep your feet dry.
Crocs are considered to be the king of camp shoes. It is the best thing to be kept with you while camping. They are not waterproof, but they are good for trekking. It has a belt strap and it is very durable during camping and trekking. Along with these benefits, they have one shortcoming and that is extra weight. They weight a lot typically at least 12 oz.
3. Vivo barefoot
Many advanced shoes do not have a natural foot shape and they damage feet. But on the other hand, if we give space to feet for relaxation and playing then there is a chance of feet strengthen and re-aligning. Vivo barefoot is an example of such shoes. They allow you to have your space and feel comfortable. In contrast to Crocs, they are very lightweight and at the same time water resistance. The average pair weighs in around 8.5 oz. They are sustainable and not expensive either.
4. Minimalist Sandals
These shoes are preferred by most of the hikers as they are ultra-light and durable. They are very good for a long walk and hiking.
5. Tough Sock
These shoes are new yet very popular. They came to this modern world recently. This is basically a shoe in the shape of a sock with some sole. This is also known as “Glove for feet.”
They are very light dense. They are not much wide, so you need to wash your feet regularly and take great care of it.
Enjoy a happy camping with the best pair of shoes. Don’t spoil your time by choosing an uncomfortable pair. In a nutshell, keep in the mind the following things while choosing your pair.
- It should be lightweight to be easily kept in your bag.
- Easy to wear and carry.
- It should be stable and enough good to help you in hiking if you lose your boots.
- It should be water-resistant to help you crossing rivers and doing good while playing with water.
- Comfortable and airy to give your tired feet a break.
It’s human nature to enjoy and explore the natural world and take pleasure while doing so. It’s good if you are going out with your family and friends but don’t forget to take the necessary equipment with you. Take the best care of yourself as well as of your loved ones by providing them the best pair of shoes while having camping and climbing.