There are also some tips to make sure your golf car battery lasts longest: The charging of the golf car battery is the most important part, but with these tips you make sure that your battery will last longest:
- charge your battery right after you are done with your golf car until the little ampere light starts to give a sign.
- Never leave your golf car battery uncharged, if you leave the battery which is empty for a while it will reduce its lifetime significantly.
- If the vehicle is not being used for a longer time it is best to store your golf car in a dry and ventilated space. This way moisture does not have a chance in ruining your golf car battery.
- The space must also of course be free for freezing cold.
- Never charge the battery only half way, this is not good for the battery. Make sure the battery has a loading cycles of around 6 to 10 hours. If the loading gets stopped between these times the charging time is not enough. Charging in between often happens in lunch brakes or whenever you need the golf car. But a good battery always lasts a day.
- Check out if the cables are directed to a energy source directly. When you use an electrical stopper this will harm your battery.
- When loading a battery water oxygen gets into the atmosphere, make sure this never contacts with oxygen; this way there can be a dangerous situation.
- Never but your loading doc in any space that can catch fire.
- When the golf car needs a dispensable battery charger make sure this device is loading off the floor. This reduced the chance of driving damage or any contact with water.